At the beginning

 Once upon a time does not seem appropriate for this story......

Because this story really starts in my twenties. In my mid twenties i found myself very lost in my mind, body and soul. I quickly went from being married with a family to homeless with not even two pennies to rub together. My parents, siblings, friends and my chosen family had all turned their backs to me with a stance so heavy that i begged, pleaded for their forgiveness only to receive a very cold shoulder that continues to this day. I grieved for years over this treatment even after i have corrected my ways that caused them to react in this manner. My heart ached for their love, i longed for their family connection again. I longed for my friends again. But, alas, it would never come!

My family are doused in the Jehovah's Witness cult. When a person that is raised in the cult goes against their beliefs and principles.....they die spiritually and sometimes physically! I felt abandoned again. The first time i was abandoned was by my bio mother just before my 7th birthday. 

Spiritually, i felt like i was drowning! Spiritually, physically and mentally i was a hot mess! My life was so upside down! It is difficult to separate all the avenues of feelings that i had at the time. They are so intertwined with the each other that it becomes a blur!

Hopelessness, abandonment, despair, desperation, and utter loneliness! I was told by my father that God had abandoned me due to my disobedience.

To be continued........

My book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evening Meanderings of the 29th of December